Introduction On Mechanical Pencils
“I write about myself with the same pencil and in the same exercise book as about him. It is no longer I, but another whose life is just beginning.”
Engineers and other technical people work in fairly rugged terrain and tough environments. Whether working in dusty, muddy or completely humid areas, these men and women must get their work done to most of lives much better.To achieve that, as is their tradition, these engineers fix human challenges through design and innovation of equipment custom tailored to fix the challenges at hand. For this reason, they will need necessary tools and equipment best prepared for the harsh conditions in the fields with varying challenges.These challenges would dictate the kind of Mechanical pencils they use to keep working without the unwanted inconvenience of lacking or experiencing damaged drawing and/or sketching tools. Here some of our top pencil picks specifically engineered to meet these demands in the field
Uni Kuru Toga Pipe SlideMechanical Pencil
And now, top on our list, here is the masterpiece of a mechanical pencil exclusively designed with the engineers on mind. It is the famous and popular Uni Kuru Toga Pipe Slide Mechanical Pencil. If you are an engineer and don’t have a pair of this in your pouch just yet, you are really missing out on a great boost for your work. But you are not too late all the same. Just look at what this pencil brings onto your work bench in a nutshell;
- This black engineering masterpiece weighs 0.64 ounces and measures 7.6X0.6X2 inches
- Comes with a core rotation mechanism that for as long you are writing, it rotates the lead until you stop.
- It also flosses a spring-loaded clutch that twists the lead progressively every time you stop writing and lift the pencil off the paper! Now, this is some smart engineering!
- Comes loaded with an intelligently innovated pipe slide mechanism that protects the lead from common breaking tendencies like it is common with regular mechanical pencils
- Designed with a core diameter of 0.5mm that eventually produces crystal clear lines as preferred
- Just as the core reduces, the pipe gets shorter and in the process ensures that the entire length of the lead is protected whether the lead is new or almost running out.
- First produced for mass distribution on November 14th 2015
- Can be found online at an affordable price of USD 5.36 a piece
- Comes with a clip for easier portability
- Ships to anywhere around the world
- Because of the uniform wearing of the lead and the imbedded lead rotating mechanism, the pressure exerted on the entire lead remains uniform and minimizes possible breakages and thus makes the whole pencil ultimately cost effective.
- The pipe slide mechanism certainly reinforces the lead resistance to breakages
- This pencil delivers an even line size in your entire drawings
- Since there are no lead breakages, with this this pen, you will deliver a clean, professional and presentable final piece with no smudges whatsoever.
- Because of the controlled lead exposure to possible causes for its breakages, the lead would last longer and thus serve you to the most optimum duration possible
- With all the technology involved just to make your work easier, faster and professional yet the pencil still retails at only USD. 5.36 apiece, you certainly get the value for your money
- Since it is found online, you can shop for it from anywhere including when taking that prized evening walk in the park and still have it delivered wherever you want! This is convenience re-defined!
- Because of its intricate design involving several moving parts when in use, lead refills may pose a challenge to the less tech savvy users otherwise; the lead protective mechanisms could easily be damaged in the process and thus render the pencil’s operational edge dysfunctional.
This pencil offers overwhelming benefits over the few cons. In any case, it is meant for engineers and most if not all engineers are expected to be somehow tech savvy. This is indeed an outstanding mechanical pencil just perfect for you as an engineer. I would recommend it over and over again! I have no reason not to do so anyway. In my opinion this is the best mechanical pencil for the engineers in the market and at an affordable rate!
Rite in the Rain All Weather Worksite Mechanical Pencil
Engineers are expected to fix human challenges through relevant innovations and designs. And that is exactly why this Rite in the Rain All Weather Worksite Mechanical Pencil was developed by engineers to fix their own challenges!
Whether field vibrations, high temperatures, dark alleys, wet worksite, this pencil comes with a perfect solution to these possible challenges you face daily in the field. Owning this pencil, here is what you will also have in your possession;
- This exceptional mechanical pencil comes with 1.1mm 2B lead for smooth and bold markings just to your perfection
- Its patented tip conveniently expands and contracts when needed to accommodate varying lead sizes and thus minimizes wobbling and breakages when the pencil is in use
- Comes with a field tested durable resin barrel that will certainly withstand the tough field conditions and still perform as expected
- Its lead is tough enough and wont snap at the tip
- Both lead and eraser refills are readily available.
- Comes in different colors as may otherwise be preferred.
- Is found online and goes for USD 12.77 per piece with other cheaper options available in the market
- Weighs 0.8 ounces and measures 5.8X0.4X0.5 inches with a bold point type encased in a tough plastic
- Comes with extra supplies of 7 leads and 2 erasers
- Available in 3 colors i.e. Red, Black, and Yellow.
- First produced on February 8th 2017
- Because of the expandable tip, this mechanical pencil can accommodate leads of varying thickness with limited chances of breaking them
- Its bright colored plastic material is not just easy to find, but also resistant to tough field conditions enough to guarantee a longer lifespan for the pencil
- Additional refills readily available
- Its resin reinforced barrel is strong enough to withstand above normal tough field conditions and comfortably fits in your grip!
- Mostly, engineers work in demanding environments. Should you in the unlikely event drop this pencil in some dark alleys, its bright colored casing will make it easier to be located
- Can be purchased and shipped from anywhere in the world
- Being an all-weather pencil, even if for whatever reason you were soaked in say rain water, this pencil will still stand out and perform as though it never got wet somehow!
- Its 1.1mm thick of a lead is certainly tough enough for most field conditions
- Because this mechanical pencil was designed for all weather conditions, correcting wrong marks using the attached eraser can be somehow time consuming and cumbersome.
- Since it mostly uses a 2B pencil lead, this may be too thick, soft, and bold for some tasks that may require thinner and crisp lines. Precision with this pencil may thus be slightly difficult to obtain.
Staedtler Mars 780 Technical Mechanical Pencil
For your quick sketches and drafts, you need a versatile pencil that is just perfect for the job. And that is how this Staedtler Mars 780 Technical Mechanical Pencil beats the competition. You certainly would want to why. Here are the reasons;
- This Germany technical mechanical pencil comes with a 2mm #2 lead
- Boasts of an integrated lead pointer embedded in a push button
- Weighs 0.64 ounces and measures a portable 0.5X1.9X8.9 inches
- For your convenience, like other popular pencils, this piece retails online and goes for USD 7.45 and ships anywhere around the world
- Uses the HB lead with a standard line size encased in a blue sturdy plastic
- Comes with a metallic tip to guarantee a durable and reliable lead holder along with a metal finger grip with a barrel made of a matching mix of metal and plastic
- Comes with an integrated sharpener at the back for your convenience and of course a pocket clip for easier portability
- Since the pencil comes with a sharpener at the back, there is no need to budget for a separate sharpener at all
- Since it retails online and ships worldwide with its spares readily available, this is a technical drawing partner you can order and receive from anywhere around the world.
- Its metallic tip gives it a longer lifespan and thus makes it cumulatively cost effective
- Its knurled barrel makes the grip all the more comfortable especially for extended period of handling.
- The pocket clip is convenient enough particularly when it comes to the pencil’s easy portability
- The lead refills this pencil comes with may be considered by most people to be slightly fainter than expected.
- Sometimes, the included lead is a 2H and not a 2B as indicated and so, this may somehow affect your work delivery timelines if you were working on a time sensitive project and ordered this pencil the very last minute.
- The pocket clip could easily stick in some loose or overhanging flexible objects and either create a safety risk or a chance for the pencil to be damaged somehow
For your quick sketches and drawings this pencil will certainly serve you faithfully. Even though with a few cons, still, its benefits clearly outnumber them all. I would recommend this product to any engineer in need of developing quick drawings and sketches with accuracy
Pen Mechanical Pencil
This is a pencil developed to specifically help fix the common drafting needs in the market. While identifying the need for using different color leads for different purposes, this mechanical pencil simply calls you out. Here are the pencil’s specific attributes
- Comes loaded with 5 color coded mechanical pencils with different lead sizes ranging from 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm, 0.9mm and a 2mm lead sizes to accommodate different engineering line provisions.
- The non-slip, latex free, soft grip simply raise the bar for other mechanical pencils for engineers. This simply delivers the most coveted user friendly ergonomics guaranteeing a smooth pencil handling process
- Comes with corresponding lead and eraser refill for each piece
- Found online retails at USD 7.99
- Comes along with a built-in sharpener for the 2mm lead
- Weighs 4 ounces and measures 8.9X6.6X0.3 inches
- Comes with a maximum line size of 2mm and a minimum of 0.2mm
- First produced on April 2nd 2019 and ships anywhere around the world, just like most such online products.
- Placing one order only to receive 5 different tip sized mechanical pencils is not just a great deal especially for only USD 7.99; it is also without doubt an incredible one.
- Whatever line size you want, and whatever lead size you have, Mr. Pen simply pre-empted your pencil needs ahead of time and packaged it in this offer.
- Different color coded pencils to help with quick identification of the right lead size that you need to accomplish the task at hand
- As expected the pocket clip will certainly help with keeping the pencil safely in your pocket of pouch
- Since it is available online, you can enjoy your shopping experience while accomplishing other tasks. Better yet, have your order delivered at your place of choice. You could even package this in a gift wrap and surprise your friend with may be, early Christmas?
- Carrying 5 pieces around can be cumbersome with the potential of exposing to damage
- Whenever a lead refill is required, one has to be fairly careful to master which color coded pencil bears which color of the lead. This can eventually end up being inconvenient and time wasting.
If you are a field engineer, you need a pencils that speaks your professional language and understands your needs at work all the time. That is why Mechanical Pencils would be the most ideal pieces for you; notwithstanding its less than perfect demeanor. But again, nothing is perfect! These are perfect pencils that solves your field drawing needs. Why not go for it and perfect your work going forward?
This is would be a very good deal especially when working in groups when each person wishes to use at least each of the colors. This would be very convenient. If the project you are involved in is not so much intensive, this would a great deal of mechanical pencils at an affordable price.